Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Week in Review....

I am sorry I have not been able to get on the computer to keep you all updated :( I will go through a day by day events list as I have learnt some valuable lessons, over the last couple of days.

Friday 1st of January
Flew in to Karratha picked up my car and went to my house I brought when I was 18, my ex has been living it for the last 15 months since I have left town. I had been warned by the real estate lady that came to do an appraisal that it was not pretty, but nothing could have prepared me for this.......

The house was 15months of dirt and *&%@ build up, my ex had not cleaned in the whole 15months, (photos will follow), my heart sunk and I spend 5 hours scrubbing the bathroom, not seeming to get anywhere, everywhere I looked, I kept getting more and more upset.

I went to sleep and my heart was racing, I couldnt sleep I was so upset.

Saturday 2nd
By morning I was so overwhelmed. I had pins and needles in my arms and legs, was so exhaused. I decided it was best I went to hospital. 5 hours later I was given sleeping tablets and told to get rid of the stress in my life and my heart would go back to normal ....... WTF to get rid of the stress I had to have energy to clean the house, and work through the problem.

Texted my mum told her I was sorry for %*&^ing up my life, and my dad called me back. I told him that I had pulled equatity out on the house and did not owe just the $150,000 on the house they thought I actually owed $360,000, they were really good and told me that I would just have to work from the ground up again and that I would not be 25 and debt free, I really appreciated their understanding.

My mum called my uncle & aunty, and I went to their place where they gave me a shoulder to cry on and a roof over my head where I could get away from the stress and feel loved. So I would work out of their house for the rest of my trip. Had the rest of the day off as I was in no state to do anything.

Sunday 3rd
My uncle and I headed over to my house to look at the damage, we decided it was best to pick a spot and start, and that is what we did. Within 30minutes of us starting my Aunty and two cousins arrived to give my a hand :) 3 full box trailer loads of rubbish were taken to the tip, 1 full box trailer was taken to St Vinies (local charity - clothes, towels, sheets ect). We worked all day through 40 degree heat to get most of the work done, now all that was left was cleaning and sorting...... Family is invaluable :)

Monday 4th
Today I work on the house, made alot of progress, cleaned walls floors and started packing the stuff I wanted to send back to Kojonup. Dad came over as he had just flowen up (I think he was wishing he hadnt) as I got him to clean the ceiling fans and they were really bad they were basically black!!!

Tuesday 5th
Today I had great news someone put an offer on the house $440,000 it is lower then I had hoped but all that I could expect for the house in the state it has been left! It was a cash offer walk in walk out, so I am really hoping it goes to settlement. So there is light at the tunnel.
I went and visited some old friends and again my heart is feeling at peace :) :) :) Had a great family dinner and really am feeling good :)

Tomorrow is a new day.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the house, but WOW sounds like the cash offer is nice! Looking forward to more updates.
    Have a great day Sammy

    ReplyDelete